Sunday, September 29, 2019

Arabel and Aislinn

I bought KID Faye (who I have decided to call Arabel) with the idea that Aislinn could have a playmate, either a sister or a cousin.  I wasn't exactly sure how the aesthetic would work, as my KID Lonnie doesn't work as well with the Dollshe kids as I would like, but I noticed that Faye had 10mm eyes listed (instead of 12's like Lonnie has), so I took a chance. If she didn't look right with Aislinn she could always hang out with Nora, my Lonnie. This morning I took a few pics of Arabel with Aislinn and I have to say I think their aesthetic is going to work just fine. Of course when the little dolls come out, the pet dolls seem to always make an appearance as well. In this first picture both little girls are sitting on their haunches on the floor.
Close up of Boo and Adso, just because they're cute.
For the next couple of shots the girls are standing side by side flat footed on the floor. Their heights are very similar, with Aislinn coming in just a hair taller. Arabel's face is quite a bit rounder than Aislinn's, but their eye size is the same. They both wear size 6/7 wigs. Aislinn is Dollshe's fresh skin resin,  Arabel is Iple normal resin, which is quite a bit pinker. Of course Aislinn is quite a bit older than Arabel as well. Arabel is much slimmer through the torso than Aislinn.  Aislinn is wearing a gown from Dollmore sized for MSD's here and it fits her very well through the shoulders. Arabel's gown came from a Boyd's bear and it fits Arabel perfectly through the shoulders. I can get it on Aislinn, but it is really too tight for her.
A close up showing the girls in semi profile.
And a final parting shot showing them looking off in the distance in the other direction. In this shot, Aislinn  is actually sitting in the chair, while Arabel is standing in front of her on the floor, ergo the bigger height difference.






2 comments:

  1. I think they work well Jackie, and I love the way you have styled both girls. I'm guessing you made their gorgeous dresses?

    As a seamstress myself, I find there's something wonderful about gowns of batiste that really appeals to me, I have used it on my Liz Frost dolls and love it. The Liberty florals are really nice too, have you used them?

    I read your long reply to my earlier comment, thank you.
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WISH I could sew well enough to have made their dresses, unfortunately I can't. The dress on Rosa is from Dollmore. The one on Faye is a Body's bear christening gown.

      Delete