Sunday, November 17, 2019

Alice

Before there were BJD's in my life, there were Tonner dolls. From the time Robert Tonner first introduced Tyler at Toyfair and I saw my first Tyler in hand at a doll show I was hooked. I collected Tonner dolls for many years before the BJD's took a firm hold and I re-focused my collecting on them.  While I have sold off a vast number of Tonner dolls that I had, I kept most of my 12" child dolls by him, and their wardrobe.  My favorite of the Tonner child doll sculpts in the 12" size was Alice, from the Alice in Wonderland series he did. This week the "theme" of the week on the Prego doll board was Tonner dolls and outfits, and it took me for a walk down memory lane and made me want to get some my Tonner dolls out for some playtime. Since this blog mainly concentrates on my child like dolls I thought I'd share my Tonner child dolls here, even if they aren't in resin form. First up are what I like to call Alice light and dark.  The blonde is a "classic" Alice, the raven was a Cherished Friends exclusive and was called Through the Looking Glass. You don't see much of her on doll boards or blogs, but she is beautiful and if push came to shove she is probably my favorite of the Tonner child dolls.
I couldn't resist the sausage curls on this next cutie. Her name is Afternoon Visit Alice and she is redressed in Victorian Stripes. The clothing for the Alice line is exceptionally nice. I wish I had bought all the dolls/outfits  in this line looking back.
The outfit below was sold as a separate outfit in the Alice line. It was called Afternoon Tea Party, and is modeled by my favorite Marley, that I kept, called Rocky Mountain Marley. Her hair is in a gorgeous French braid. They came in blonde and brunette versions, and if I remember correctly were exclusives for Denver Doll Emporium.
Party of the Flowers Alice has never been redressed. She was perfect as she was.
The next Alice is the doll that came in the Victorian Stripes outfit above. She has been redressed here in one of the separate outfits  called Back to School.
And lastly 2 of my Marley's in 2 Tonner nightgowns done for the younger set, the one on the left is from the Alice line, and is called Dreamland. It is modeled by the first Marley I bought, Prep School Marley. I loved her glasses and her little flip to her hair. The yellow gown on the right is called  Bedtime Dreams and is modeled by the Marley from Summer Vacation giftset.





2 comments:

  1. They are all lovely dolls Jackie, but I love the first two most of all, they are exceptionally appealing. :) Are these dolls vinyl or ceramic?
    I never did purchase any of Tonner dolls, which is a shame as they are lovely dolls.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They are all vinyl. I still love all my Tonner dolls. They were my main focus for a long time, and still hold a special place in my collection.

      Delete