Friday, November 22, 2019

The Fluke that Fit

Recently I purchased some shoes on Ebay described as fitting the MNF flat foot...……..when I got them home, they were HUGE on my MNF girls foot. I started looking around the doll room trying to decide who they might work for and spotted my little Dollshe girls, who have feet that are a little hard to fit. They are bigger than my other tiny girls feet and even a little bigger than my JID girls flat foot. I decided I'd try these shoes on Addie to see if they might work for her...…………..so dressed her up in the little SartoriaJ dress that my Rosa's previous owner sent along with her, and tried the shoes on over her tights and walla………………...they were a perfect fit!
I guess the advantage to collecting a variety of sizes of dolls is that in a situation like this one, you always have SOMEONE that seems to be able to fit into a size that may not work on someone else.
I had my Caroline's Parlour set out from American Girl as I was photographing my Tonner's last weekend and I thought it would be a cute back drop for Addie as well. Typically she wears period clothing, but its always nice to change it up and try something different. One reason I love BJD's so much...………………...its so easy to change a dolls look.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie!
    I have found that too when purchasing shoes of eBay, the descriptions are not always accurate. But, I believe that sometimes things are simply meant to be, and I think this was one of them, they look lovely on Addie.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He-Meife did send out shoes in a smaller size for my MNF's, so hopefully those will fit the intended dolls, but I am glad to have something to fit my Dollshe girls too.

      Delete