Friday, October 25, 2019

Isabeau and the Can of Worms

Well, she's not really "wee"...…………. she's considered a mini, but she is a bit more "wee" than the rest of my mini sized dolls so thought this would be the best of my blogs to post my impressions of my new girl, who just may have opened up a huge can of worms for me. I've been drawn most to the realistic sculpts ever since I actually got my first Narae in circa 2005, but as many other BJD owners, I did start my journey into the BJD realm with Volks and Luts dolls. My first BJD was actually a MSD Volks Yuni, followed quickly by a Luts Delf Soo. Both of those dolls got their walking papers when the Iplehouse invasion occurred, and I moved into collecting almost exclusively dolls with a very realistic aesthetic (with the exception of my Fairyland tinies). I did have a FL Minifee Lishe back when the minifee's first came out, but she was so kicky, she moved on to a new home fairly quickly. Recently my friend Robyn bought her first minifee, and kept telling me how much fun she was to handle, and how great of a size she was...……and how the "kickiness" was GONE…..and noted she could fit into one of her old "Tonner" outfits.  Through my Littlefee's, and recent Pukifee I understand how well engineered the FL dolls are, and I began looking at the marketplace on DOA at the minifee's. Last week an opportunity on a MNF Celine came up that I couldn't pass up...……………...she was tan, which I wanted, and had the cutie bust. She was also blank, which meant I'd have to send her out for a face up before I could fully enjoy her.  Also FS in the marketplace was a tan MNF Iru head WITH a face up that I thought could very well be a girl (even though the sculpt was released as a boy), so I bought that head as well so that I could enjoy the doll while Celine was away getting her face up done. Both Celine and the Iru head arrived this week and I'm totally smitten.
I got out my stash of Tonner clothing and started trying things on. All of my gorgeous knits (and Tonner did some gorgeous knit pieces over the years) fit her and lots of the other skirts and tops do as well! Above and below she is wearing one of my favorite Tonner outfits from Central Park Stroll Sydney.
I also got out my 6/7 wig bin and started trying different wigs on her. Iru, who I am going to call Isabeau, has reddish eyebrows which limits her wig choices a bit. The first one I tried on above I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with.  I tried on a reddish brown Paris wig on her this morning and I think I may prefer this one a little more.

I love how when you put her hand up to her face it clicks into place and stays there! I also love the magnetic hands for ease of changing clothing etc.
After steering clear of the minifee's for many years because I didn't want to open up a whole other can of worms,  the can finally got opened and I may really be in trouble. Her size makes her very portable and her poseability makes her so much fun. Factor in that she already has a ready made wardrobe from all my years of collecting Tonner (and not selling much of the clothing when many of the dolls moved on), I may be in serious trouble here. Not sure whether I should be thanking my friend Robyn or cursing her, lol! I'm afraid I'm not going to want to put Isabeau away when Celine gets home! And you know what that means? I'm already debating ordering one of the fairy/elven eared sculpts, as I tell myself it would be easier to share an Elf head, then Isabeau can have her own body, for the most part.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie! Congratulations on both buys! I love Celine and have one of my own (you would have seen her recently on my magazine cover). I call this size doll a "tweener". :)

    I'm loving what you've done with Iru/Isabeau in the first two photos,
    I have always loved red haired dolls, and the fact that her hair is curly is a bonus . . . but she is your doll and you must be the one to help her fullfil her character. :)

    I can't wait to see how your Celine looks with a custom faceup.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to see Celine with her face up too! Now I have to go back and look at your magazine cover again as I wasn't in minifee mode the first time I looked at it, lol! I have a curly "Ginger" wig on Isabeau at the moment, in a golden auburn mix color that I like quite a lot as well. It's been fun playing and trying different looks for her. I'm totally smitten with this size!

      Delete